Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
vehicle (plural vehicles)
- A conveyance; a device for carrying or transporting substances, objects or individuals.
- A medium for expression of talent or views.
- A liquid content (e.g. oil) which acts as a binding and drying agent in paint. (FM 55-501).
- An entity to achieve an end.
2013 June 7, Ed Pilkington, “‘Killer robots’ should be banned in advance, UN told”, The Guardian Weekly, volume 188, number 26, page 6:
- In his submission to the UN, [Christof] Heyns points to the experience of drones. Unmanned aerial vehicles were intended initially only for surveillance, and their use for offensive purposes was prohibited, yet once strategists realised their perceived advantages as a means of carrying out targeted killings, all objections were swept out of the way.
- (Buddhism) A mode or method of spiritual practice; a yana.
- (Hinduism) An animal or (rarely) a plant on which a Hindu deity rides or sits
- (Hinduism): vahan
- See also Wikisaurus:vehicle
(Buddhism) a yana
(Hinduism) animal or plant on which a Hindu deity sits
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- vehicle in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- vehicle in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- vehicle at OneLook Dictionary Search
vehicle m (plural vehicles)