Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Of the same origin as claimed; genuine.
- The experts confirmed it was an authentic signature.
- Conforming to reality and therefore worthy of trust, reliance, or belief.
- The report was completely authentic.
- an authentic writer; an authentic portrait; authentic information
- (music, of a Gregorian mode) Having the final as the lowest note of the mode.
- (obsolete) authoritative
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Milton to this entry?)
- (of the claimed origin): genuine, real, bonafide, bona fide, unfaked
- (conforming to fact): reliable, trustworthy, credible, unfaked
Terms derived from authentic
of undisputed origin
conforming to reality and therefore worthy of trust, reliance, or belief
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked