Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
origin (plural origins)
- The beginning of something.
- The source of a river, information, goods, etc.
- (mathematics) The point at which the axes of a coordinate system intersect
- (anatomy) The proximal end of attachment of a muscle to a bone that will not be moved by the action of that muscle.
- (cartography) an arbitrary point on the earth's surface, chosen as the zero for a system of coordinates.
- (in the plural) ancestry
- (anatomy): insertion
Related terms 
See also 
beginning of something
source of a river, information, goods, etc.
point at which the axes of a coordinate system intersect
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked