Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
basilisk (plural basilisks)
- A mythical (and heraldic) snake-like dragon type, reputed to be so venomous that its gaze was deadly.
- The deadly look of the basilisk
- (heraldry) In heraldry, a type of dragon
- A treedwelling type of lizard, of genus Basiliscus.
- A type of large brass cannon.
snake-like dragon type
type of lizard (genus Basiliscus)
type of large brass cannon
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- The mythological or heraldic monster basilisk
- (zoology) A treedwelling type of lizard, of genus Basiliscus.