Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
blizzard (plural blizzards)
- A severe snowstorm, especially with strong winds and greatly reduced visibility.
- (figuratively) A large amount of paperwork.
- (figuratively) A large number of similar things.
2013 June 22, “Snakes and ladders”, The Economist, volume 407, number 8841, page 76:
- Risk is everywhere. […] For each one there is a frighteningly precise measurement of just how likely it is to jump from the shadows and get you. “The Norm Chronicles” […] aims to help data-phobes find their way through this blizzard of risks.
- a blizzard of political ads
figuratively: large amount of paperwork
large number of similar things
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- (impersonal, of snow) To fall in windy conditions