Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
caress (plural caresses)
- An act of endearment; any act or expression of affection; an embracing, or touching, with tenderness.
- Wooed her with his soft caresses.
- He exerted himself to win by indulgence and caresses the hearts of all who were under his command.
- A gentle stroking or rubbing.
- (transitive) To touch or kiss lovingly; to fondle.
- She loves being caressed by her boyfriend.
- (Can we verify(+) this sense?) (transitive) To show and act on deep closeness shared with another person.
- (transitive) To affect as if with a caress.
touch or kiss lovingly