Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A tree or shrub of the genus Castanea.
- The nut of this tree or shrub.
- (uncountable) A dark, reddish-brown colour/color.
- A reddish-brown horse.
- (uncountable) The wood of a chestnut tree.
- (idiomatic) (Often "old chestnut") A worn-out meme; a work so often repeated as to have grown tiresome.
- A round or oval horny plate found on the inner side of the leg of a horse or other animal, similar to a birthmark on a human.
- (UK) horse-chestnut
- (tree): chestnut tree
chestnut tree — see chestnut tree
nut of the chestnut tree
wood of a chestnut tree
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
terms derived from chestnut (noun)
chestnut (not comparable)
of a deep reddish-brown colour