Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (slang, vulgar) Petty and contemptible; contemptibly unimportant. (Compare bullshit.)
- (vulgar, slang) Cowardly.
- How chickenshit of that girl to just stand there and do nothing.
- (slang, vulgar) Petty and contemptible thing(s).
- don't waste your time on that chickenshit
- (slang, vulgar) A coward.
- I told him I wasn't having his insults, and he just backed right down. What a chickenshit.
- (vulgar, military, slang) A low-ranking officer who lords over and needlessly makes life miserable for his underlings; a petty, abusive martinet.
- That chickenshit drove his men nearly to mutiny.
- (coward): coward; (slang:) chicken pussy, wuss, shithouse
- (petty or contemptible thing): (mostly vulgar:) shit, crap, bullcrap, bullshit, junk, trash, dogshit, Irish bull, horseshit