Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Of or pertaining to a medical clinic or facility.
- Medicine is now more often practiced in a clinical setting than in the home.
- Dealing with how to practically manage patients, contrasting with prehealth sciences.
- Done in a cool, emotionless fashion.
2011 September 24, Ben Dirs, “Rugby World Cup 2011: England 67-3 Romania”, BBC Sport:
- Fly-half Jonny Wilkinson put his below-par performance against Argentina behind him with a fine first-half showing, slotting four kicks from six and controlling his back-line with aplomb, while England's three-quarters were brimming with life and clinical with their execution.
- clinical biochemistry
- clinical chemistry
- clinical medicine
- clinical pharmacy
- clinical research
- clinical study
- clinical trial
of or pertaining to a medical clinic or facility