Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- An ardent desire, especially sexual desire; lust.
- Quite certainly you command me to refrain from concupiscence of the flesh and concupiscence of the eyes and worldy pride. — St. Augustine, The Confessions X, 30, 41. Trans Maria Boulding.
- He was torn by two intense and conflicting desires: his ardent wish to advance through his association with Mr. Browning, and his concupiscence. — Please Pass the Guilt, Rex Stout, 1973.
- Skaters, spinning like atoms across fields of pure light, are desirable in a way that transcends mere concupiscence; they inhabit another element, and the man who would try to catch one risks, literally, falling on his ass. — Newsweek, Winter 1994.
- For usage examples of this term, see the citations page.
- concupiscent adj
concupiscence f (uncountable)