Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Congress
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈkɑŋɡɹɛs/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkɒŋɡɹɛs/
Audio (US) (file)
congress (plural congresses)
- (archaic) A coming-together of two or more people; a meeting.
- A formal gathering or assembly; a conference held to discuss or decide on a specific question.
- (often capitalized: Congress) A legislative body of a state, originally the bicameral legislature of the United States of America.
- An association, especially one consisting of other associations or representatives of interest groups.
- The National Congress of American Indians
- Coitus; Sexual intercourse.
sexual intercourse — see sexual intercourse
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.