Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- alert, awake.
- The noise woke me, but it was another few minutes before I was fully conscious.
- I was conscious of a noise behind me.
- aware of one's own existence; aware of one's own awareness
- Only highly intelligent beings can be fully conscious.
- 1999, Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now, Hodder and Stoughton, pages 61–62:
- The best indicator of your level of consciousness is how you deal with life's challenges when they come. Through those challenges, an already unconscious person tends to become more deeply unconscious, and a conscious person more intensely conscious.
Related terms 
aware of one's own existence
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked