Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From Old French croche (“shepherd's crook”)
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɒtʃ
crotch (plural crotches)
- The area where something forks or branches, a ramification takes place.
- There is a child sitting in a crotch of that tree.
- The (ventral) area of a person’s body where the legs fork from the trunk
- Every mile they rode their crotches felt worse saddlepain.
- (slang, euphemistic) Either the male or female genitalia.
- He cringed at being kicked in the crotch.
area where something forks
area of a person’s body
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.