Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (botany) Pertaining to plant parts that extend downward, most often applied to leaf blades that partly wrap or have wings around the stem or petiole and extend down along the stem.
- (mycology) Pertaining to lamellae (the gills of a mushroom) that are broadly attached and extend down the stipe of the mushroom.
- In this group of mushrooms, the attachment of the gills to the stipe is decurrent.
- (obsolete) running or extending downwards.
pertaining to plant parts that extend downward
- Chambers's Etymological Dictionary, 1896, p. 114
- third-person plural future active indicative of