Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (General American) IPA(key): /dɪˈsɝnɪbl̩/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /dɪˈsɜːnɪbl̩/
- Hyphenation: dis‧cern‧ible
- Possible to discern; detectable or derivable by use of the senses or the intellect.
- There is a discernible performance difference between a Porsche and a Civic.
- John Duncan, Duncan's Travels
- To have demolished and rebuilt the walls, would have been a very costly expedient, and as the least of two evils, the painter's brush was resorted to; here and there however, above some of the windows, the black wreathings of the smoke are still discernible through the white covering.
possible to discern