Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- the faculty of thinking, judging, abstract reasoning, and conceptual understanding; the cognitive faculty (uncountable)
- Intellect is one of man's greatest powers.
- the capacity of that faculty (in a particular person) (uncountable)
- They were chosen because of their outstanding intellect.
- a person who has that faculty to a great degree
- Some of the world's leading intellects were meeting there.
- See also Wikisaurus:intelligence
The faculty of knowing and reasoning; understanding
That faculty in a particular person
A person who has that faculty in great degree
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.