Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Showing difference; inconsistent, dissimilar.
- The Egyptians were […] the most oddly discrepant from the rest in their manner of worship.
- 1902, William James, The Varieties of Religious Experience, Folio Society 2008, p. 29:
- But the term ‘godlike’ [...] becomes exceedingly vague, for many gods have flourished in religious history, and their attributes have been discrepant enough.
discrepant (plural discrepants)
- discrepant in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- discrepant in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- discrepant at OneLook Dictionary Search