Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- evasive and shifty
- Asked why, a spokesman gave a dodgy answer about legal ramifications.
- unsound and unreliable
- Never listen to dodgy advice.
- The dodgy old machine kept breaking down.
- The more money the better, because there is always that dodgy politician or corrupt official to bribe.
- I am sure you wouldn't want to be seen buying dodgy gear, would you? (stolen goods).
- This is a slightly dodgy plan, because there is a lot that is being changed for this fix.
- He's a dodgy Peeping Tom.
- uncomfortable and weird
- The situation was right dodgy.
- I'm feeling dodgy today, probably got the flu.
evasive and shifty
unsound and unreliable
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked