Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- That engages the attention; engrossing, interesting; enthralling.
- I found the first of the Harry Potter books a very engaging read.
- Charming; attractive, especially of a manner or behaviour.
- Beauty, of course, and a bright, engaging personality — or at least the ability to fake one — are prerequisites for entering the Miss World competition.
- (that engages the attention): absorbing, compelling, engrossing, enthralling, interesting
- (charming): appealing, attractive, sweet
- (that engages the attention): boring, dull, unengaging, uninteresting
- (charming): boorish, rude, uncivil, uncivilised
that engages; engrossing
- Present participle of engage.