Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Appendix:Variations of "era"
- batch (quantity of anything produced at one operation)
- lot (separate portion; a number of things taken collectively)
- instalment; short for maksuerä (partial payment)
- (accounting) item, entry; short for tilierä
- A subdivision of many sports contests. Erä can be a time-limited part of a match between two parties or, where the number of contestants exceeds the capacity of the sports facillity, a qualifying competition between a subset of contestants. The translation into English varies by sport. Examples:
- (rare, hunting) game, catch
- (archaic) wilderness, especially one that is good hunting ground.
Declension of erä (type koira)