Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -iːdə(r)
feeder (plural feeders)
- That which feeds.
- That which is used to feed.
- a bird feeder
- A tributary stream, especially of a canal.
- A branch line of a railway
- A transmission line that feeds the electricity for an electricity substation, or for a transmitter.
- (baseball, slang, archaic, 1800s) The pitcher.
- (video games, derogatory) A player who is killed by the opposing player or team more than once through lack of skills and experience, thus helping the opposing side.
- Stop feeding! You feeder.
that which is used to feed
railway branch line
baseball:pitcher — see pitcher
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.