Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (slang) To make a mistake.
- If I go near a skateboard, I'm sure I'm just going to goof up and fall off.
- (transitive, slang) To introduce problems to or damage through incompetence.
- I tried to fix it, but I think I just goofed it up some more.
- The object of the transitive verb comes between "goof" and "up", so "I goofed it up" is correct, and *"I goofed up it" is not.
- cock up (UK), foul up, fuck up (taboo), screw up
- balls up (taboo), bollocks up (UK, taboo), bugger up (UK, taboo) cock up (UK), foul up, fuck up (taboo), mess up, screw up