Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -uːf
goof (plural goofs)
- (US) A mistake or error
- I made a goof in that last calculation.
- (US) As a specific usage in film, an error made during production which finds its way into the final release.
- (US) A foolish person
- Your little brother is a total goof.
- (prison jargon) A child molester.
- (error): blooper, boo-boo, error, faux pas, fluff, gaffe, lapse, mistake, slip, stumble, thinko
- See also Wikisaurus:error
A mistake or error
an error made during production which finds its way into the final release
A foolish person
- (US) To make a mistake.
- It's my fault: I goofed.
- (US) To engage in mischief.
- We were just goofing by painting the neighbors cat green.
- See also Wikisaurus:make a mistake
To engage in mischief