Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
stumble (plural stumbles)
- (a blunder): blooper, blunder, boo-boo, defect, error, fault, faux pas, fluff, gaffe, lapse, mistake, slip, thinko
- See also Wikisaurus:error
a fall or trip
an error or blunder
- (intransitive) to trip or fall
- He stumbled over a rock.
- (intransitive) to make a mistake or have trouble
- I always stumble over verbs in Spanish.
Derived terms 
to trip or fall
to make a mistake or have trouble
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.