Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Extra light provides longer hours for the harvesting that occurs in the Northern Hemisphere at this time of year.
- The first full moon of autumn by a tropical year.
- The full moon nearest the autumn equinox, when the moon rises the latest and lowest in the sky and seems to appear the biggest, as seen from the Northern Hemisphere.
- wolf moon, hunger moon, old moon (January)
- snow moon, ice moon (February)
- worm moon, sap moon, sugaring moon, crow moon, storm moon (March)
- pink moon, egg moon, grass moon, rain moon, growing moon, wind moon (April)
- flower moon, planting moon, milk moon, hare moon (May)
- strawberry moon, rose moon, honey moon, mead moon (June)
- buck moon, thunder moon, deer moon, hay moon (July)
- sturgeon moon, corn moon, fruit moon, barley moon (August)
- harvest moon, gypsy moon (September)
- hunter's moon (October)
- beaver moon, frosty moon, snow moon (November)
- cold moon, long Night moon, winter moon (December)