Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (of a person or institution) Scrupulous with regard to telling the truth; not given to swindling, lying, or fraud; upright.
- We're the most honest people you will ever come across.
- (of a statement) True, especially as far as is known by the person making the statement; fair; unbiased.
- an honest account of events; honest reporting
- In good faith; without malice.
- an honest mistake
- (of a measurement device) Accurate.
- an honest scale
- Authentic; full.
- an honest day's work
- Earned or acquired in a fair manner.
- an honest dollar
- See also Wikisaurus:honest
scrupulous with regard to telling the truth
- (obsolete) To adorn or grace; to honour; to make becoming, appropriate, or honourable.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Archbishop Sandys to this entry?)