Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- in store (do dhuine, for someone) (as fate)
- Bhí an bás i ndán dó. ― Death was in store for him; he was fated to die.
- má tá sé i ndán daoibh casadh ― if you are fated to return
- Cá bhfios nach dá chlaíomh féin atá i ndán a mharú.
- Who knows but that it is his own sword that is destined to kill him.
- má tá i ndán go... ― if it turns out that...
- to happen (as the predicate of is in hypotheticals)
- dá mba i ndán go... ― if it should happen that...
- mura i ndán is nach bhfeicfinn arís é ― in case I shouldn't see him again