Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- IPA: /ɪnfɪnɪtɪv/, /ɪnfɪnətɪv/
infinitive (plural infinitives)
- (grammar) The uninflected form of a verb. In English, this is usually formed with the verb stem preceded by 'to'. e.g. 'to sit'
- (grammar) A verbal noun formed from the infinitive of a verb
uninflected verb form
See also 
infinitive (not comparable)
- (grammar) Formed with the infinitive.
- Unlimited; not bounded or restricted; undefined.
- feminine form of infinitif
- infinitive clause (=proposition infinitive)