Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (of a distinction) offensively or unfairly discriminating
- The professor made invidious distinctions based only on his own whim.
- (of an action or task) causing ill will towards the actor; causing offense.
- (of a thing) causing envy or ill will towards the possessor
- envious, jealous
- (obsolete) Hateful; odious; detestable
offensively or unfairly discriminating
causing ill will towards the actor; causing offense
causing envy or ill will towards the possessor
hateful; odious; detestable
- invidious in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911