Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Any Chinese alcoholic beverage
2007 February 7, Harold Mcgee, “In a Bottle, the Scent of a Mouse”:
- I didn’t attempt homebrew versions of Chinese jiu or Japanese sake.
- Nonstandard spelling of jiū.
- Nonstandard spelling of jiú.
- Nonstandard spelling of jiǔ.
- Nonstandard spelling of jiù.
- English transcriptions of Mandarin speech often fail to distinguish between the critical tonal differences employed in the Mandarin language, using words such as this one without the appropriate indication of tone.
- jiuish (emphatic)
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.