Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
beverage (plural beverages)
- A liquid to consume, usually excluding water; a drink. This may include tea, coffee, liquor, beer, milk, juice, or soft drinks.
- He knew no beverage but the flowing stream.
- (slang, archaic) A treat, or drink money.
- More elevated than plainer drink. Beverage is of French origin, while drink is of Old English origin, and this stylistic difference by origin is common; see list of English words with dual French and Anglo-Saxon variations.
- The word beverage is rarely used in British English.
- See also Wikisaurus:beverage
- Alternative form of bevrage.