- IPA: /joːr/, [joɐ̯ˀ]
- earth (soil)
This Norwegian entry was created from the translations listed at earth. It may be less reliable than other entries, and may be missing parts of speech or additional senses. Please also see jord in the Norwegian Wiktionary. This notice will be removed when the entry is checked. (more information) March 2010
- earth, soil; a rock- or sand-based unconsolidated material in which land plants grow
- earth; one of the four or five basic elements in alchemical or Taoist philosophy
- any (hypothetical) planet very similar to Earth which would be able support human life without ever-present technological support.
- a piece of land, suitable for farming
- (slightly formal) soil; country, territory; in particular with reference to one's native land.