Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
leaflet (plural leaflets)
- (botany) One of the components of a compound leaf.
- (botany) A small plant leaf.
- The new leaflets at the end of the branch were a lighter shade of green than the mature leaves.
- A small sheet of paper containing information, used for dissemination of said information, often an advertisement.
- A leaflet had been left under the car's windshield wiper.
- (anatomy) A flap of a valve of a heart or blood vessel.
- (small leaf): leafling
- (small sheet of paper containing information): flier, flyer, folder, handbill, pamphlet
component of a compound leaf
small piece of paper with information
flap of a valve of a heart or blood vessel
- bi-leaflet valve, bileaflet valve
- leaflet drop
- leaflet propaganda
- leaflet raid
- Lillehei-Kalke bileaflet prosthesis
- leaflet shell
- patient information leaflet
- prolapsing mitral leaflet syndrome
- (transitive) To distribute leaflets to.
- A sidewalk preacher gave an impassioned sermon while an assistant leafleted those who stayed to listen.
- (intransitive) To distribute leaflets.
- During the summer, Peter earned some extra cash by leafleting for a local pizza delivery restaurant.
- The inflected forms leafletted and leafletting are sometimes seen, but the correctly formed inflections leafleted and leafleting are preferred.