Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
folder (plural folders)
- An organizer that papers are kept in, usually with an index tab, to be stored as a single unit in a filing cabinet.
- I keep all my schoolwork in a yellow folder.
- (computing) A virtual container in a computer's file system, in which files and other folders may be stored. The files and subfolders in a folder are usually related.
- My essays are in the folder named "Essays"
- A machine or person who folds things.
- directory (3)
container of computer files
person who folds things
- plural indefinite of
- present tense of
declension of folder
- (Brazil) leaflet (small piece of paper with information)