Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Dossier
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈdɔs.jeɪ/, ˈdɑs.jeɪ/, /ˈdɔ.si.eɪ/, /ˈdɑ.si.eɪ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈdɒs.i.eɪ/
dossier (plural dossiers)
- A collection of papers and/or other sources, containing detailed information about a particular person or subject, together with a synopsis of their content.
2004 April 15, “Morning swoop in hunt for Jodi's killer”, The Scotsman:
- For Lothian and Borders Police, the early-morning raid had come at the end one of biggest investigations carried out by the force, which had originally presented a dossier of evidence on the murder of Jodi Jones to the Edinburgh procurator-fiscal, William Gallagher, on 25 November last year.
A collection of papers and/or other sources
- In Flanders the word is pronounced phonetically, in the Netherlands the pronounciation approximates the original French one.
dossier m (plural dossiers)
- back of furniture, to rest the sitter's back on
- file, account; directory on a computer, see folder.
- An organizer to keep papers in, to be stored as a single unit in a filing cabinet, see folder.
- (figuratively) case, notable legal
- dosseret m
- “dossier” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
dossier m (invariable)
- dossier (collection of papers, especially legal)