Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- enPR: mĕdʹ-əl, IPA(key): /ˈmɛdəl/
- Rhymes: -ɛdəl
medal (plural medals)
- A stamped metal disc used as a personal ornament, a charm, or a religious object.
- A stamped or cast metal object (usually a disc), particularly one awarded as a prize or reward.
- gold medal: a medal designed for first-place winners
- silver medal: a medal designed for second-place winners
- bronze medal: a medal designed for third-place winners
- tea and medals
stamped metal disc
- (sports, very colloquial) To win a medal.
- "He medalled twice at the Olympics"
2013 January 13, Elizabeth Alderfer as Anna, “Je Ne Sais What?”, The Good Wife season 4 episode 12:
- I wanted to medal. I was pregnant and I wanted to medal.
Declension of medal
- V. A. Mirjejev, S. M. Usejinov (2002), Ukrajinsʹko-krymsʹkotatarsʹkyj slovnyk [Ukrainian–Crimean Tatar Dictionary], Simferopol: Dolya, ISBN 966-7980-89-8
declension of medal