Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To engulf, surge-over and submerge
- The dinghy was overwhelmed by the great wave.
- To overpower, crush
- In December 1939 the Soviet Union attacked Finland with overwhelming force.
- To overpower emotionally
- He was overwhelmed with guilt.
- Joy overwhelmed her when she realized that she had won a million dollars.
Derived terms 
Related terms 
to overpower, crush
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked