Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) enPR: pĭtʹfôl, IPA: /ˈpɪtfɔːl/, X-SAMPA: /"pItfO:l/
- (US) enPR: pĭtʹfäl, IPA: /ˈpɪtfɑl/, X-SAMPA: /"pItfAl/
Audio (US) (file)
- a potential problem, hazard, or danger that is easily encountered but not immediately obvious.
- It's usually a simple task, but you should know the pitfalls before you attempt it yourself.
- A type of trap consisting of a concealed hole in the ground: victims fall into the hole and are unable to escape
- (computing) An anti-pattern.
potential problem, hazard, or danger