Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A particular method for performing a task.
- A series of small tasks or steps taken to accomplish an end.
- (uncountable) The set of established forms or methods of an organized body for accomplishing a certain task or tasks.
- Ensure that you follow procedure when accessing customers' personal information.
- The steps taken in an action or other legal proceeding.
- Gracious procedures. —I. Taylor.
- (obsolete) That which results; issue; product.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Bacon to this entry?)
- (computing) A subroutine or function coded to perform a specific task.
- (method): algorithm, method, process, routine
- (set of established forms or methods of an organized body): protocol
- (computing): function, routine, sub, subroutine, method (although some of these have slightly differing meanings in some programming languages)
method for performing a task
series of small tasks to accomplish an end
set of established forms or methods of an organized body
steps taken in a legal proceeding
computing: subroutine or function coded to perform a specific task
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- procedure in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- procedure in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
procedure f (plural procedures)
- plural form of
- procedure (particular method for performing a task)