Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- A particular method for performing a task.
- A series of small tasks or steps taken to accomplish an end.
- (uncountable) The set of established forms or methods of an organized body for accomplishing a certain task or tasks.
- Ensure that you follow procedure when accessing customers' personal information.
- The steps taken in an action or other legal proceeding.
- Gracious procedures. —I. Taylor.
- (obsolete) That which results; issue; product.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Bacon to this entry?)
- (computing) A subroutine or function coded to perform a specific task.
- (method): algorithm, method, process, routine
- (set of established forms or methods of an organized body): protocol
- (computing): function, routine, sub, subroutine, method (although some of these have slightly differing meanings in some programming languages)
Related terms 
series of small tasks
set of established forms or methods of an organized body
steps taken in a legal proceeding
computing: subroutine or function coded to perform a specific task
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- procedure in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- procedure in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
procedure f (plural procedures)
- Plural form of procedura
Old French 
- procedure (particular method for performing a task)