Audio (US) (file)
- Present participle of proceed.
proceeding (plural proceedings)
- The act of one who proceeds, or who prosecutes a design or transaction
- Progress or movement from one thing to another.
- A measure or step taken in a course of business; a transaction; as, an illegal proceeding; a cautious or a violent proceeding.
- The proceedings of the high commission. --Macaulay.
- Plural, see proceedings.
See also 
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.