Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
propellant (plural propellants)
- anything that propels
- fuel, oxidizer, reaction mass or mixture for one or more engines (especially internal combustion engines or jet engines) that is carried within a vehicle prior to use
- the compressed gas in a pressurised container (especially an aerosol can) that is used to expel its content
anything that propels
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Alternative spelling of propellent.
- third-person plural present active subjunctive of prōpellō