- Articles used in charging firearms and ordnance of all kinds; as powder, balls, shot, shells, percussion caps, rockets, etc.
- (obsolete) Military stores, or provisions of all kinds for attack or defense.
- ammunition bread; ammunition shoes
- Any stock of missiles, literal or figurative.
- Her bad behaviour is giving him ammunition for a divorce.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- (articles used in charging firearms): ammo
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.