prospective (not comparable)
- Likely or expected to happen or become.
- Prospective students are those who have already applied to the University, but have yet to be admitted.
- Anticipated in the near or far future.
prospective (plural prospectives)
- (obsolete) The scene before or around, in time or in space; view; prospect.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Sir H. Wotton to this entry?)
- (obsolete) A perspective glass.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.