Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The process of keeping (something or someone) safe.
- Raincoats give protection from rain.
- The state of being safe.
- A means of keeping or remaining safe.
- A means, such as a condom, of preventing pregnancy or sexually transmitted disease.
- (insurance) Coverage.
- Immunity from harm obtained by illegal payments, as bribery or extortion.
- (economics) Restrictions on foreign competitors which limit their ability to compete with domestic producers of goods or services.
- (computing) An instance of a security token associated with a resource (such as a file.)
Terms derived from protection
process of keeping safe
a means of keeping or remaining safe
immunity from harm obtained by illegal payments, as bribery or extortion
economics: restrictions on foreign competitors
computing: instance of a security token associated with a resource
protection f (plural protections)