Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
puddling (plural puddlings)
- The action of making a puddle.
- The process of working clay, loam, pulverized ore, etc., with water, to render it compact, or impervious to liquids.
- (canal engineering) The act of lining a canal with puddle to make it watertight.
- (metallurgy, historical) The first true industrial process to produce steel from pig iron.
- A group of mallards (ducks).
act of lining a canal with puddling
- Present participle of puddle.