Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Sabotage
- A deliberate action aimed at weakening an enemy through subversion, obstruction, disruption, and/or destruction.
- (military) An act or acts with intent to injure, interfere with, or obstruct the national defense of a country by willfully injuring or destroying, or attempting to injure or destroy, any national defense or war materiel, premises, or utilities, to include human and natural resources.
deliberate action of subversion, obstruction, disruption, destruction
act with intent to injure
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- to deliberately destroy or damage something in order to prevent it from being successful
- The railway line had been sabotaged by enemy commandos
deliberate destruction to prevent success
- ^ JP 1-02 Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms.
sabotage m (plural sabotages)