Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- saoghail (obsolete)
- genitive singular of
after "an", tsaoil
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.
saoil (verbal noun saoilsinn)
- suppose, think, imagine
- Shaoil mi. I thought. I imagined.
- An saoil thu? Do you think?
- Shaoileadh duine. One should suppose.
- Shaoil e gur e nàmhaid a bh' ann. He thought he was an enemy.
- Nach saoil thu? Do you not think?
- ma shaoileas thu, if you think or judge
- C' àit' an deach e, saoil thu? Where do you think he has gone.
- The Illustrated Gaelic-English Dictionary (Birlinn Limited, 1901-1911, Compiled by Edward Dwelly)
- A Pronouncing and Etymological Dictionary of the Gaelic Language (John Grant, Edinburgh, 1925, Compiled by Malcolm MacLennan)