Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also supposé
- (UK) IPA: /səˈpəʊz/, X-SAMPA: /s@"p@Uz/
- (US) IPA: /səˈpoʊz/, X-SAMPA: /s@"poUz/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -əʊz
- (transitive) To take for granted; to conclude, with less than absolute supporting data; to believe.
- Suppose that A implies B and B implies C. Then A implies C.
- (transitive) To theorize or hypothesize.
- I suppose we all agree that this is the best solution.
Derived terms 
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- first-person singular present indicative of supposer
- third-person singular present indicative of supposer
- first-person singular present subjunctive of supposer
- third-person singular present subjunctive of supposer
- second-person singular imperative of supposer
Verb form