Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive, informal) To carry, drag, or lug.
- I'm exhausted after schlepping those packages around all day.
- (intransitive, informal) To go, as on an errand or task.
- I schlepped down to the store for some milk.
- (intransitive, informal) To act in a slovenly, lazy, or sloppy manner.
- I just schlepped around the house on Sunday.
To go, as on an errand or task
To act in a slovenly, lazy, or sloppy manner
schlep (plural schleps)
- (informal) A long or burdensome journey.
- Sure you can go across town to get that, but it'd be a schlep.
- (informal) A boring person, a drag.
- (informal) A sloppy or slovenly person.
- (informal) A "pull" or influence.
- He must have had a lot of schlep to get such good seats.