Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
scholarship (plural scholarships)
- A grant-in-aid to a student.
- The character or qualities of a scholar.
- The activity, methods or attainments of a scholar.
- (uncountable) The sum of knowledge accrued by scholars; the realm of refined learning.
- (Australia, dated) The first year of high school, often accompanied by exams that needed to be passed before advancement to the higher grades.
- (money to assist a student to study): allowance, grant, stipend, subsidy, bursary
- (character of a scholar):
- (activity of a scholar):
- (knowledge accrued by the activity of scholars):